IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MP1 and MP2 Specification
filoe
post Oct 27 2012, 23:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98516

I am searching for a detailed MP1 and MP2 specification to write a decoder for both. And by the way if someone has a big and detailed aac(+) specification i could also need it.
So if someone has a good documenation or specification of these codecs i would be very thankful smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Snowman
post Oct 28 2012, 16:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 26608

QUOTE (filoe @ Oct 28 2012, 00:27) *
I am searching for a detailed MP1 and MP2 specification to write a decoder for both. And by the way if someone has a big and detailed aac(+) specification i could also need it.
So if someone has a good documenation or specification of these codecs i would be very thankful smile.gif

The spec for MPEG-1 Audio Layer 1/2 is available at ISO/IEC http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store.htm (if I'm not mistaken it's ISO/IEC 11172-3), but you have to pay for it. There you can also get the spec for MPEG-4 HE-AAC (aka AACplus), this one is ISO/IEC 14496-3 (there is also an MPEG-2 flavor of (HE-)AAC defined in 13818-7, which is basically a subset of MPEG-4 HE-AAC).

At the ISO store, you can also get reference implementations as source code, which might not be computational optimal or in a software-engineering too nice shape, but work as intended.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th December 2014 - 07:14