IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How do I skip songs in a cue sheet?
foobaz
post Oct 25 2012, 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75157

I have a single-file FLAC with a cue sheet that indexes all tracks on it. That's fine but sometimes (most of the times) I'd rather skip the bonus (what I call "bogus") tracks. If I delete or REM out the bonus tracks, foobar2000 gives me, "Unable to seek to 2:31.955 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):" within a few seconds of starting to play the last track. So I can't even play the last track I want to keep. Occasionally I would like to skip some bonus tracks and play a bonus track or two. I have searched hard and long for a way to do this with the cue sheet but found no answer. I tried making a hidden track but it didn't work. None of the official documentation gives any detail about doing this. So is there a way to do what I want using just the cue sheet without altering the original FLAC (or APE or WAV) and without a foobar2000 plug-in? I'd like this to work with other players as well.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mjb2006
post Oct 26 2012, 13:58
Post #2

Member No.: 30694

A cue sheet can't be made to ignore any part of the audio in the file(s) referenced by the cue sheet.

Audio at the beginning of the first file can be defined as HTOA (TRACK 01, INDEX 00), which will probably have the effect of it being ignored when the cue sheet is used as a playlist in foobar2000, but that's only good for audio at the beginning of the 'disc'.

"Hidden" tracks of the type most commonly found on CDs are not HTOA, just a designation of 2 songs and intervening silence as one long track. You can make a cue sheet that designates multiple songs as one track (like in my example), but this won't accomplish the goal of skipping anything.

This post has been edited by mjb2006: Oct 26 2012, 14:07
+Quote Post
foobaz
post Oct 26 2012, 22:56
Post #3

Member No.: 75157

QUOTE (mjb2006 @ Oct 26 2012, 14:58) *
Audio at the beginning of the first file can be defined as HTOA (TRACK 01, INDEX 00), which will probably have the effect of it being ignored when the cue sheet is used as a playlist in foobar2000, but that's only good for audio at the beginning of the 'disc'.

Yeah, that's all I could find out about it in EAC's documentation, which is the most detailed I have been able to find on the subject.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 21:55