IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How do I skip songs in a cue sheet?
foobaz
post Oct 25 2012, 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75157

I have a single-file FLAC with a cue sheet that indexes all tracks on it. That's fine but sometimes (most of the times) I'd rather skip the bonus (what I call "bogus") tracks. If I delete or REM out the bonus tracks, foobar2000 gives me, "Unable to seek to 2:31.955 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):" within a few seconds of starting to play the last track. So I can't even play the last track I want to keep. Occasionally I would like to skip some bonus tracks and play a bonus track or two. I have searched hard and long for a way to do this with the cue sheet but found no answer. I tried making a hidden track but it didn't work. None of the official documentation gives any detail about doing this. So is there a way to do what I want using just the cue sheet without altering the original FLAC (or APE or WAV) and without a foobar2000 plug-in? I'd like this to work with other players as well.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Apesbrain
post Oct 25 2012, 21:20
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10915

QUOTE (foobaz @ Oct 25 2012, 13:25) *
If I delete or REM out the bonus tracks, foobar2000 gives me {error}

Not sure why: I just loaded an album of FLAC tracks into foobar2000 (v1.1.16b2), created a cue sheet from it, deleted the sections in the cue for three random songs (one of which was the last track), and it launched in foobar2000 and played without those songs just fine. No error on the new "last" song.

If you want to keep the original cue intact, I tried inserting "REM " in front of the lines for another track and that had the same effect as deleting it. You have to REM-out every line related to the track like this:

CODE
REM FILE "09 - The Last Resort.flac" WAVE
REM   TRACK 09 AUDIO
REM     TITLE "The Last Resort"
REM     REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -5.01 dB
REM     REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 1.000000
REM     INDEX 01 00:00:00

(Well, I'm not sure you have to REM-out each of those lines, but it did work this way.)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 14:45