IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

EAC: Several questions from a long-time user
BFG
post Oct 24 2012, 19:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101637

I've been using Exact Audio Copy with LAME 3.99.5 for some time to rip all of my old CDs. In the course of using it, I've come up with several basic questions for more experienced users:

1. Is there any way to have EAC recognize a "hidden track" (i.e. a track with an internal gap) and separate it? So far, I've been doing this manually with WAV Editor.
2. What's the best way to extract pregap tracks?
3. How can I embed album art in MP3s that were compressed from ripped WAVs? So far I've only determined how to do so in MP3s ripped directly from the CD.
4. Is there any way, within EAC, to embed album art that was found manually online, as opposed to EAC's own album art finder?
5. Every once in a while, EAC will create an MP3 that lacks the embedded album art. It's rare, inconsistent, and typically occurs in the middle of the album. Any idea what causes this? Any way to search in Windows for this, other than checking every MP3's thumbnail one at a time?
6. I've had a few badly scratched CDs that reported no errors, yet the reported track quality was 96% or poorer, presumably because EAC had to read the same sectors several times. Would you recommend attempting a rerip?
7. Under what circumstances, if any, would you disable EAC's error correction?
8. What exactly does the WAV "glitch removal" in EAC do?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BFG
post Nov 22 2012, 21:53
Post #2

Member No.: 101637

OK, two more questions:
(1) I've read on another website that, to ensure the greatest accuracy possible, one should always use Shift+F6 (Test and Copy). But it seems like this would be unnecssary if both EAC and AccurateRip report no errors. Am I missing something?
(2) I've seen AccurateRip "Confidence" scores all the way from 2 to 8. What's the range? What's best/worst? And how is this calculated?
+Quote Post
pdq
post Nov 22 2012, 22:58
Post #3

Member No.: 24233

QUOTE (BFG @ Nov 22 2012, 15:53) *
OK, two more questions:
(1) I've read on another website that, to ensure the greatest accuracy possible, one should always use Shift+F6 (Test and Copy). But it seems like this would be unnecssary if both EAC and AccurateRip report no errors. Am I missing something?
(2) I've seen AccurateRip "Confidence" scores all the way from 2 to 8. What's the range? What's best/worst? And how is this calculated?

Test and copy is unnecessary if you get confirmation from AccurateRip (use burst mode).

If you do not get confirmation from AccurateRip, then rip a second time in burst mode to compare CRCs.

I believe AccurateRip confidence ranges from 2 to 200, but it makes no difference because even if you only match one other person's rip, you have high confidence in the accuracy.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 05:21