IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Question about foobar copying and skipping of files
wcs13
post Oct 12 2012, 02:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84514

Hi everybody, and sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there a way for foobar to skip a file during a batch copy operation if the file already exists in the destination directory ?

Long version below :
I have about 45.000 files in my music library, all of them stored in a secure & crypted NAS.
I need to keep in my laptop an ever-evolving playlist of about 1.500 files (FLAC and mp3). This weights about 20 GB.
Everytime I need to update the laptop contents, I have to erase everything in the laptop and copy the whole 1500 files again, which takes more than an hour (for crypting reasons), even if I have only added/changed a few files.
I'd love if the "copy" function of foobar could just skip a file if the file already exists, without stopping the whole operation.

Can this be achieved in some way, and how ?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by wcs13: Oct 12 2012, 02:26
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EagleScout1998
post Oct 12 2012, 05:01
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35820

I'd love if the "copy" function of foobar could just skip a file if the file already exists, without stopping the whole operation.

When I use File Operations to copy or move a file, I use strings to create the destination file name.

Example:
%genre%\%album artist%\'['%date%']' %album%\Track #$num(%discnumber%,2)$num(%tracknumber%,2)

If the destination file already exists, it's skipped. It doesn't stop the entire copy/move process.

I don't know what you're doing wrong.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 03:15