IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Date Tag in foobar2000 1.1.15 changed
RainDawg
post Oct 11 2012, 03:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18294

In previous versions of foobar2000 I have used the Date tag on compilations to reflect the range of years in which the material was recorded, i.e. "1991-2003". I don't really care about the release date for a compilation as I would like my sort-by-date playlists to have the earliest material at the top.

I just upgraded to the latest version (from 1.1.12, so not sure where the change would have come in) and foobar2000 refuses to write this tag any longer. A YYYY is ok, and it will also still accept the YYYY-MM-DD that I would use for a live recording.

Is this intended behavior, and if so, is there a way to force it to accept the old version? If not, I can just create my own tag to write the date, but I'd rather not retag 40,000 files....
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 17:52