IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Tab for sorting by date added & Custom Library Folder structure
pietz
post Oct 9 2012, 07:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103728

good morning,

im currently trying to find a program to replace Songbird 1.9, which is kinda outdated but featured a few things that arent possible in the latest version. on the way i tried Helium Music Manager, which was pretty good at first but then messed up quite a few things. so now i want to try the most functional program were you can control everything manually and foobar sounded like the way to go.

Im looking for two things in foobar that i cant hep to find. i did search the forum and google for answers, but the answers in other threads dont lead me anywhere, so here i go and ask myself:

1. How can i add a Tab (like Artist/Title/Album/Duration) to the library that sorts my music by the date i added them to the library. this is something really basic and i believe many people want to arrange their music here and then, so they see their last added tracks on top. i read a few threads about "%added" and "date_added%", so i right-clicked the tab bar->columns->more and then created a custom column with the name: "Date Added" and the pattern: %added% (also tried %date_added%). this doesnt work and only gives me questionmarks in the specific column. another thread answer said something about going to library->search and then a few other steps, but i cant even click the "Search" button, since its grayed out.

2. the second big thing is the reason i stayed with songbird 1.9. i listen to a lot of electronic music and one day noticed that "Albums" are really irrelevant to me. thats why i like to keep my music library folder in a different structure: Library/Artist/Title.mp3. i did read something about "file operations" but maybe because im new to foobar, i just couldnt understand it. i want all the music that i add by hand to foobar to move to my library with my own folder structure. any solutions for this?

and if someone has a link for a guide to change the ui elements it would be highly appreciated too. once im used to how foobar works it might be great, but right now it comes with a lot of questions...

big thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
aethelberht
post Oct 10 2012, 23:09
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 94780

You first said "drag and drop files into foobar" and then you said "whatever i copy into it [Music In folder]". Which did you do? Dropping files onto a foobar playlist does nothing with regards to the library -- you need to move the files physically into a folder that's monitored by the library, either with Explorer or through the foobar file operations.

This post has been edited by aethelberht: Oct 10 2012, 23:14
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:23