IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Transcoding from simple stereo MP3, should destination use simple too?, [was “dbpoweramp settings, need help!”/TOS #6]
daniel.ok
post Sep 19 2012, 16:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103243

I have a small problem here: I want to re-encode my MP3's from 320CBR to -V2 with dbpoweramp (lame 3.99.5) but here is the trick: I have MP3's at 320CBR Stereo and MP3's ar 320CBR Joint Stereo. All I want is that Stereo\Joint Stereo remains the same, only quality modify to -V2. So, when I choose from dbpoweramp\advanced\channels I choose [auto] but this modify my MP3 always to Joint Stereo. Also I choose Stereo (auto) (CD) but it's the same, final MP3 is Joint Stereo from Stereo source.
What should I pick from channels option? (Force Stereo I suppose it's not the way to go, or is?) I've tested another ripper/converter and it was more simple: when I choose Joint Stereo - MP3 is JS, when I choose Stereo - MP3 is Stereo.

Also I have one more important question: It is right what I do? (keep the same type after re-encoding, Stereo - Stereo, Joint Stereo - Joint Stereo) (*please note that I convert MP3 to MP3)

Thank you, Daniel

This post has been edited by daniel.ok: Sep 19 2012, 16:01
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
greynol
post Sep 19 2012, 16:38
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Joint_stereo
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Transcoding

--------------------
Placebophiles: put up or shut up!
+Quote Post
daniel.ok
post Sep 19 2012, 17:24
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 103243

QUOTE (greynol @ Sep 19 2012, 18:38) *

All I want to ask is this:

It's clearly that is better to encode JOINT STEREO from lossless formats (CD's, Flac, etc), BUT I ask if it's also better to encode JOINT STEREO from another MP3 which is STEREO !!! I'm wondering if it's better to encode that MP3 also in STEREO.

what do you think guys?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:57