IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

free batch PopClick remover
goa pride
post Sep 18 2012, 12:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96416

i need a free program that batch remove PopClick from multiple mp3 files that had vinyl as source
Lame can't do it
XRECODE can't do it
Goldware can do it but is trial
i can't find foobar2000 plugin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DVDdoug
post Sep 18 2012, 19:37
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46454

biggrin.gif You don't like that warm-natural-analog sound? biggrin.gif

Audacity (FREE) has a Click Removal "effect" plug-in. All of these tools are different and to some work better than others.... So, you'll have to try it to see if it does the job for you.

...that batch remove PopClick
The batch/automatic de-clickers are usually not perfect... It's hard for a computer to know what's a defect and when there's something that sounds like a click that's part of the music. (The manual de-clickers are not always perfect either.) Other times it's impossble to remove the click without otherwise damaging the sound. Also, the MP3 compression might change the waveform in a way that makes the defect harder for the computer to detect.

This page has several suggestions for click-removal software. (Some of these may not work with MP3, but all click removal programs will have to decode the MP3 before processing anyway.)

I use Wave Repair ($30 USD). It works great in the manual mode and it only "touches" the waveform where you identify a defect, but it's very time-consuming.

Goldware can do it but is trial
I've had GoldWave for about 10 years. Since the upgrades are free, the cost has been insignificant at only about $5 a year. It's the BEST software "investment" I've ever made!!! (But, I don't use it for de-clicking.)

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Sep 18 2012, 19:48
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 09:25