IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
fb2k loses the stream when /playpause
sureoffa
post Sep 10 2012, 20:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103043

Hi there!

I listen only to stream radio and I'm using AutoHotkey to trigger foobar2000.exe /playpause.

Problem is: lots of times I do /playpause in order to answer a call, etc. and when I do again /playpause it resumes the current stream for like 10 seconds and then jumps to the next station in my playlist.

I think foobar2000 forgets to take on the stream again if playback is paused after like two minutes or more.

I just want to keep playing my stream. How can I approach this issue ?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fuflo
post Sep 10 2012, 22:07
Post #2

Member No.: 30902

Pausing a stream is kind of strange.. Foobar reads the stream to buffer until it fills up i guess, then after unpause it plays the buffer but the stream is cut off so a 'not found' error is given or something. It was discussed at some other thread i believe.

For your specific situation i would suggest using "foobar2000.exe /command:mute" instead.
+Quote Post
sureoffa
post Sep 11 2012, 00:13
Post #3

Member No.: 103043

Thank you for your response.

I think is an usability bug because even if a stream technically can not be paused, for the listener the action play/pause should be transparent. The code should evaluate the resume playback function and retake the stream once play is trigged.

command:mute is great, but it makes me create another binding in order to start foobar2000.

Best regards.
+Quote Post
Forfit
post Jan 10 2013, 23:58
Post #4

Member No.: 68870

QUOTE (sureoffa @ Sep 11 2012, 00:13) *
The code should evaluate the resume playback function and retake the stream once play is trigged.

I subscribe it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 20:32