IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need Advice on a USB DAC
Konigsberg
post Sep 3 2012, 15:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101337

I'm making a new computer and need a new USB DAC. Before, I didn't really care too much about audio and just use this Creative SoundBlaster Xi-Fi 60 dollar USB DAC. Any of you guys know a good USB DAC for a PC? I've looked at a lot of "top rated" lists supplied by several sites and they all seem to vary quite a bit (some of these lists dont even show the same company). My headphones are the HD650's and I use like 60-80 dollar Logitech speakers..

I don't really have a budget which is what also makes it harder to find a good one. since a lot of these "top 10/rated" lists also factor in cheapness. However, If it has insane bang for buck, I wouldn't mind. Right now, from what I've seen, I'm thinking of the Fiio e17.

This post has been edited by Konigsberg: Sep 3 2012, 15:30
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
skamp
post Sep 3 2012, 16:17
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 13875

I had build quality issues with my FiiO E7 (bad contact with both headphone jacks). Sounded fine though. Now I'm very happy with my O2/ODAC: great build quality, great sound (in absolute terms, I won't debate the audibility of its superiority to other products), and I have the peace of mind that probably nothing can sound better (though cheaper products might sound just as good). But it's expensive and it's for headphones only.

This post has been edited by skamp: Sep 3 2012, 16:25

--------------------
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 12:58