Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Demuxed .mp4 (audio only - AAC) won't play on itunes
wordslashr
post Sep 3 2012, 02:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102837

Hi All

I looked around 4 - 5 pages in the AAC forums and I could not locate a solution so I apologize in advance if there's an answer here somewhere...:

Using Yamb (w/the mp4box)I de-muxed an .mp4 A/V stream and extracted the raw AAC and another version with the audio only .mp4. But iTunes did not recognize either version.

But if I encoded the .mp4 video file using fre:ac (great product!) or with Switch audio encoder from NCH I was able to play it in iTunes. Obviously this would degrade the audio by one more lossy generation and I would like to avoid it. Am I missing something with Yamb or is there a product that can de-mux the A/V stream and re-package it into an iTunes compatible .m4a file?

I am not an expert so I thought I would ask here. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gary
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Remedial Sound
post Sep 3 2012, 04:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 26898

Use the Creation > Click to create an MP4 file... function in YAMB, drag/add the raw aac file you had extracted, then save as mp4. This will "wrap" the raw aac stream in the mp4 container format (no generation loss), and the resulting file should play fine in itunes.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 02:10