IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

EAC to ALAC (.M4A) using ffmpeg
simonmcnair
post Aug 29 2012, 12:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102742

just to let you know if you want to use EAC to output M4a files you can use ffmpeg to do this and get tagging. The best command line I have come up with is:

-i %source% -metadata "ARTIST=%artist%" -metadata "TITLE=%title%" -metadata "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -metadata "DATE=%year%" -metadata "TRACK=%tracknr%" -metadata "GENRE=%genre%" -metadata "ALBUM_ARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -metadata "COMPOSER=%composer%" -metadata "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -metadata "COMMENT=CRC:%TRACKCRC%" -metadata "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -acodec alac %dest%

Sorry if this is old news, if there are any better command lines, a link to the forum post would be appreciated.

Regards
Simon
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
butt257
post Feb 23 2013, 11:07
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 106820

Long time reader, first time poster at HA for me. Starting my lossless ALAC archive using EAC, used this command line from the wiki. However how do I modify it so it will embed album art?

Please forgive me, I have no clue when it comes to code; I tried adding -metadata "ARTWORK=%coverfile%". Do I need to use %hascover% anywhere?

I'm assuming that if I've done it right, the file icons in windows should change to the album art?

This post has been edited by db1989: Mar 5 2013, 14:18
Reason for edit: deleting pointless full quote
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:49