IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Most powerful ~300 dollars portable speakers?, Anything better than Bose SoundLink or Jawbone BIG JAMBOX?
kwanbis
post Aug 27 2012, 18:38
Post #1

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 2425

I'm looking for the most powerful portable speakers for around 300. So far, I have seen the Bose SoundLink and the Jawbone BIG JAMBOX.

Obviously they have to sound fine at maximum power.

Now, I usually can find better products for Bose's money, but apparently not this time.

Any ideas, comments or recommendations?

--------------------
MAREO: http://www.webearce.com.ar
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy o
post Aug 30 2012, 08:55
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 68950

I have the little Jambox, just bought it. All the hype around it I've found it's mostly BS, it still sounds like a little speaker, and it doesn't really "fill a room" like almost all the reviews say. At least one review after mentioning this of the Little, said of the Big Jambox, "it will fill a house". I don't buy that for a second. I can't even get Little to fill my car with clean sound.

That said, I like the design a lot, and I paid about half price, cause I bought it in "mint" condition off ebay. There are a couple of cool things about it too. It's upgradeable via the internet, it has a mic for BT hands-free calls, and I've found the "live audio" processing recently added via an update a pretty nice tweak, although it lowers the volume to the point where it's only useful in a quiet room, right in front of you, which is the only way the effect would work anyway. These are also pluses for the Big Jambox, only with more power and presumably much better range, although for the size, they could have added a couple of tweeters.

The construction is very sturdy, which I can't say for most of the stuff I've seen from Bose. Don't know if I would pay retail price for it though. I certainly would not pay $200 for Little.

This post has been edited by andy o: Aug 30 2012, 09:22
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 07:40