IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Splitting FLAC 192 khz 24 bit by CUE sheet (and foobar question)
Taishou
post Aug 27 2012, 01:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102679

Hi!

Is there ANY program to just split a big FLAC file by CUE sheet into smaller FLACs? Note that my FLACs are 192 khz, 24 bits and no program seems able to handle that. Let me expand...

I use EAC for my CDs and, aside the pain of unicode with non-latin characters sheets and working only with wav, it works just fine. But it doesn't work with 192 khz files. I looked into CUE Tools, but the same. I finally found foobar can split files. The bad thing is it seems to re-encode (or trascode) everything it converts. When I input the big FLAC file to split it asks me the FLAC encoder. Is it actually re-encoding the FLAC? Or it just needs the encoder (FLAC.exe) to split? I know, ultimately it's all the same as FLAC is lossless. It doesn't matter, except the processing power/time to re-encode maybe? Just splitting (like I did with EAC) seems more "efficient".

But what about gaps? It doesn't have any option to append gaps or leave them out like EAC has. I want the normal "with gaps" option from EAC. Is that the default for foobar? Or what does it do with gaps?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Taishou: Aug 27 2012, 01:56
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 11:14