IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How to get best quality in FLAC ?, Best way to convert an aduio cd to flac
Ashutsoh2000
post Aug 19 2012, 18:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100037

I need some help regarding conversion of audio CD into lossless audio as this is the first time I am converting something into lossless format.
I always listen to the audio CDs but now I feel that I should store my entire collection digitally. So I searched on internet and found out that lossless format preserve the original CD quality. I don't want to make any compromise with my audio quality.

Most of my CDs have 2 channels with a sample rate of 44100 Hz and bitrate of around 1411kbps and ofcourse 16 bit samples.

I tried ripping an audio CD to FLAC using foobar but then I found out that bitrate was decreased to 1096kbps. Does that means FLAC is somewhat lossy?

I would like to retain the audio CD quality. Also is there any other way of doing it, if I am doing something wrong?

I would prefer my audio collection in FLAC but will converting FLACs to ALAC preserve audio quality?? Size does not matter for me. Audio quality is my top priority.

And what is 24-bit/192kHz format? Can I upgrade my audio quality to 24bit/96khz or 24-bit/192kHz format?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 22:46