Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 70735

Hello,

I'd be interested in a very good stuff to digitalise vynils and tape:
- A good tape deck with a line out
- A good phono preamp.

I saw this product: http://tascam.com/product/cc-222slmkii/
I'm not sure if I would use the CD burner or only line out to computer (with Asus Xonar Essence STX).

Do some people have experience with it ? Any down sides/comparisons to mention ?

Also, I see that several devices of that brand have "MKII" or "MKsomething" in their name. What does it refer to exactly ? I did not get it yet, I though it could be about the phono preamp.

Thank you for your info.

This post has been edited by Xrcr9709: Aug 5 2012, 12:05
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Aug 6 2012, 12:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (Xrcr9709 @ Aug 5 2012, 07:04) *
I'd be interested in a very good stuff to digitalise vinyls and tape:
- A good tape deck with a line out
- A good phono preamp.

I saw this product: http://tascam.com/product/cc-222slmkii/
I'm not sure if I would use the CD burner or only line out to computer (with Asus Xonar Essence STX).

In this day and age, a very odd product.

I suspect that most people who purchased this product would use it as a combination tape/LP/CD player in a situation where people are bringing media in off the street as it were, for playing it at a event, a radio station, church, school or something like that. One box and you can play a CD, a cassette tape or front end a turntable.

Do some people have experience with it ? Any down sides/comparisons to mention ?

If one takes the CD recorder part of it seriously, it just doesn't fit with modern work flow for digitizing tapes or LPs. Any serious effort at digitizing tapes or LPs is going to involve a computer for editing and clean-up.

As others have mentioned, Tascam products are generally well-designed, well-engineered, and well-built. I doubt that you are going to find many people who have actually used this thing. It is generally priced above mainstream home audio, or even most professional products. But, its not really high end in that there is likely some benefit in terms of rock-solid construction and reliability.

Also, I see that several devices of that brand have "MKII" or "MKsomething" in their name. What does it refer to exactly ?

At Tascam, the MK II version of a product is usually the second generation version of a product that has already been on the market for years. A few minor tweaks, some rough edges polished off, etc.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 07:56