Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best Burning Software and Media (CD) ?
h2de5
post Aug 2 2012, 13:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96706

Hi Guys,

I have read a few posts about my issue but wanted some direct guidance smile.gif

I have 2 questions.

1. What is the best CD media to burn CDs on these days? I have read that Plextor CD-R 48x (Taiyo Yuden / cyanine dye / silver) - is the best CD to use. Is that still the case?

Its for an Audio Book , not music.

ALSO if they are the best is this a correct link for them to buy? as it doesnt say Plextor- (http://www.imagescience.com.au/products/Taiyo-Yuden-Master-Grade-Archival-CDs.html)

may be there is a better online store you might recommend?

2. What is the best program to burn with? I have Nero 9 Smart Essentials. Is that enough or is there something better/recommended?

I am starting a media production company so i need to make sure im using the right software and media - thanks!

h2de5
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hlloyge
post Aug 3 2012, 12:10
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 27018

Well, I stopped using CDRs quite long ago, but back then there were two quality media - Taiyo Yuden, of course, they are, IIRC, "Made in Japan", and Mitsubishi Chemicals Corporation media, MCC for short, but from Korea (or Taiwan), not India, not China. MCC media is frequently used by Verbatim, those AZO CD-Rs were MCC.
Best program, well, I used EAC, Infrarecorder, ImgBurn and Nero to burn CDDA back then, I guess they will be OK now.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 03:15