IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
CD/DVD case creator suggestions, What do you use or suggest for creating jewel case inserts?
Hotsoup
post Jul 29 2012, 19:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97852

I found some earlier posts on this but they are slightly dated or with broken links. My gf would like a nice program for creating CD covers and inserts (DVD cases would be nice too) and I was hoping for some educated suggestions here before I start downloading dubious-looking freewares around the web. Free or open source is nice but I wouldn't mind paying a license for something you can highly recommend.
Thanks!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fandango
post Jul 29 2012, 22:08
Post #2

Member No.: 8353

To be honest, I don't create jewel case inserts in fact I can't remember I ever have. But if you don't want to use a special program for it, depending on the image editing or layout software you use there might be template files around for that specific editor. Basically they would contain the various outlines of the cover art inlays.

EDIT: a quick search with Google revealed lots of sources, either as images or actual layout files. Even Microsoft offers template files for their products, which should be editable in open source office or layout software, too.

This post has been edited by Fandango: Jul 29 2012, 22:10
+Quote Post
Andavari
post Jul 29 2012, 23:49
Post #3

Member No.: 2204

I personally use and swear by Microsoft Publisher for creating them, but it isn't free. They have built in templates, and if they don't have one built in that you're wanting they may have it on the Microsoft Office website.

There are free tools to do this, although I've never used any of them.

--------------------
Complexity of incoherent design.
+Quote Post
Hotsoup
post Jul 30 2012, 15:04
Post #4

Member No.: 97852

Thanks everyone. We have Publisher 2007 so that may be a good candidate. I'll start downloading some free tools and see if any of them are easy to use.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 07:26