IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Closed TopicStart new topic
[intended behaviour] All components grayed out
dreamliner77
post Jul 29 2012, 00:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2427

I just clean installed Windows 7 64bit. Installed Foobar2000 v1.1.13. No additional components are installed besides what is in the official installer. All included components are grayed out and not available under Preferences to change settings. This is the info I get:
CODE
Components that are either included with the foobar2000 installer or have been installed manually in your foobar2000 application folder are shown as grayed out. They cannot be automatically uninstalled or updated from within foobar2000.

If you wish to automatically update add-on components that are grayed out, please re-run the foobar2000 installer and choose to move your components to your personal folder.

Does this mean that Foobar now requires installing components to a User folder?

--------------------
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight." Neil Peart 'Resist'
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xnor
post Jul 29 2012, 00:35
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 90198

No it means that those components are "included with the foobar2000 installer" and therefore cannot be removed by a user that runs the application (which normally is not an administrator that can modify the C:\Programs folder). The error message is pretty clear imo. If you want to change those components you need to run the installer.

There are no settings to change in the components list. All you could do there is remove them. That's why those installer-provided components are grayed out.

Btw, the proper way to install additional components is using the Install... button (or drag and drop onto the components list).

This post has been edited by xnor: Jul 29 2012, 00:41
+Quote Post
dreamliner77
post Jul 29 2012, 01:38
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2427

Thanks. I was having a very dumb moment. I had digressed back to old versions of fb2k where you'd change converter settings in "Preferences."

Mods, feel free to delete.

--------------------
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight." Neil Peart 'Resist'
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 13:24