IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar2000 commands causing "could not access profile folder"
roded
post Jul 28 2012, 20:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90208

Hi,
I'm running a portable installation of foobar2000 on Windows 7.
When sending foobar commands such as "foobar2000.exe /?" from a command prompt, the "could not access profile folder" message dialog pops up.
Can't make much sense of the processmon logs, should I be looking at events of the cmd.exe process or foobar2000.exe process?
Both foobar and the CMD are running w/ admin.

This used to work just fine, and I'm not sure what has changed.
If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Roded
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chrisjj
post Mar 22 2014, 00:41
Post #2

Member No.: 51389

Roded, I have the same problem: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=104401

If you know which version of foobar2000 is the latest that does not have this fault, I'd be glad to hear. Thanks.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Mar 22 2014, 07:53
Post #3

Member No.: 19379

the problem here is trying to run foobar with admin priviledges which does not have permission to your own user folder. you might think an admin account has full access everywhere but it does not. admin accounts can give themselves full access to other people's folders but it's not enabled by default.

also, running foobar as admin simply is not necessary and i think it indicates a fair amount of ignorance on the part of anyone trying to do it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 08:59