Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Goot equipment for huge FLAC files?
kylegreer1996
post Jul 25 2012, 12:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101736

Hello all, I'm new to hydrogen audio and all biggrin.gif
I was wondering, I'm not the best expert on audio, but I do like as high quality as I can get, recently I've been really occupied with a certain artist and managed to get one of his recent albums from vinyl, first time I've listened to 24 bit - 4608kbps - 96khz, can't fault the audio quality either, but I don't really have anything along the lines of audiophile grade listing equipment.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good headphones? Also, does it make a difference that I'm using a stock basic sound card? I care more about processing power and gpu power than sound cards.

Thanks for any help!

-Kyle
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kylegreer1996
post Jul 29 2012, 14:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 101736

Quite interesting reading what people have to say!
I have to admit, comparing a vinyl rip 24/96 to a CD rip at 16/44.1, the only difference I could make out was some crackles and 'hissing' from the vinyl, I guess cd rips are good enough, and each track isn't 700mb in size!
My sound card actually supports 24/192, I was just concerned that being a pretty basic one it might have, if anything, effected the output.

I'll defiantly have a look at Sennheiser, got to admit I've been tempted to get a pair of beats, probably makes me look like a 10 year old saying that, but, they look pretty good non the less.

Thanks guys!
-Kyle
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 14:19