IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pci/pci-e audio interface with an equalizer?
jamtiln
post Jul 24 2012, 23:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101713

I am beginning to look into updating my rig, and one of the things that has bugged me about the internal audio is the lack of any global equalization options. (Thanks for dumbing down the drivers realtek smile.gif ) Since I am not doing any kind of audio production I want to have everything tuned to my tastes in one central location.

Looking around though it seems as though software equalization is not as common as I would have expected. Currently I am driving a set of KSC-75's and a Pioneer SX-626 hooked to two Technics SB-L72's for gaming music listening. I would like to stay in the <$200 range. I had kind of wanted something like a ESI Audio Juli@ but I would also Like to avoid buying extra hardware.

If anyone has any opinion I would be happy to hear it.

In addition if I am better off with an external stereo EQ, would I be able to hook a multi-channel headphone amp like the Behringer HA400 to it and feed to the stereo and headphones or would this be a bad idea. (I plan on buying one eventually anyway, just want somebody to say this is a horrible idea if it is before I kill something)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
markanini
post Dec 12 2012, 19:19
Post #2

Member No.: 10615

What are you planning to do exactly?
+Quote Post
OzarkVe
post Dec 12 2012, 21:37
Post #3

Member No.: 64138

QUOTE (markanini @ Dec 12 2012, 12:19) *
What are you planning to do exactly?

If it makes sense, trying to 'flatten' out the bass hump in my AT-m50's. There's a little bloat in there that I would like to tame to get a more even response.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 11:11