Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Any .mka players for Android?
Wildbill_h
post Jul 9 2012, 16:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101278

Hi, all.

I was wondering if there is an .mka player out there for Android, because I love how Matroska works on Foobar (especially the gapless chapter separation part). I tried some other gapless players, but I always hear gaps.

Do you know any kind of player (no matter how primitive it looks) which can play .mka on Android?

Thank you very much.

P. S.: I've been trying MX Player lately and it's great, but I can't see the chapters. crying.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
skamp
post Jul 9 2012, 17:51
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 13875

I don't think Poweramp supports Matroska, but it does play most codecs (including MP3) gaplessly, if that's what you're trying to get to.

--------------------
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.
+Quote Post
Wildbill_h
post Jul 9 2012, 18:00
Post #3

QUOTE (skamp @ Jul 9 2012, 18:51) *
I don't think Poweramp supports Matroska, but it does play most codecs (including MP3) gaplessly, if that's what you're trying to get to.

Yeah, I got Poweramp a while ago, but the gapless function doesn't work properly. I mean, it's great for mp3 files (which usually have HUGE gaps) but sometimes rhythm overlaps, which is kind of annoying.
+Quote Post
skamp
post Jul 9 2012, 18:41
Post #4

Group: Developer
Member No.: 13875

QUOTE (Wildbill_h @ Jul 9 2012, 19:00) *
Yeah, I got Poweramp a while ago, but the gapless function doesn't work properly.

If it's a bug, you should report it. Poweramp is perfectly gapless on the two phones I owned, the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Nexus.

--------------------
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.
+Quote Post
Wildbill_h
post Jul 9 2012, 20:00
Post #5

QUOTE (skamp @ Jul 9 2012, 19:41) *
Yeah, I got Poweramp a while ago, but the gapless function doesn't work properly.

If it's a bug, you should report it. Poweramp is perfectly gapless on the two phones I owned, the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Nexus.

Well, maybe it's a buffering issue, but sometimes it works perfect and some other times it doesn't work at all. But anyway, a huge amount of my music is ripped to mka. To be honest, I don't want to spend the next months ripping my music again to mp3 (because I'm traveling to Denmark for a fairly long time).
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Jul 9 2012, 20:28
Post #6

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (Wildbill_h @ Jul 9 2012, 15:00) *
QUOTE (skamp @ Jul 9 2012, 19:41) *

Well, maybe it's a buffering issue, but sometimes it works perfect and some other times it doesn't work at all. But anyway, a huge amount of my music is ripped to mka. To be honest, I don't want to spend the next months ripping my music again to mp3 (because I'm traveling to Denmark for a fairly long time).

You don't need to rerip. You can just unpack the mka to whatever its native format is (mp3, vorbis, etc.).
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 19:53