IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with new foobar skins post Kameleon era, Please suggest a good functional skin
rexian
post Jul 4 2012, 17:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57418

Hello Everyone,

I am still using Kameleon on my old foobar2000 software. Trying to upgrade to the latest version of foobar. What is the most functional skin these days? Something like Kameleon? Can anyone direct me to something that will work for me?

Here are my basic requirements:
1. Should be able to list albums by directory structure
2. Should be as functional as Kameleon

Please suggest... Thanks!

Rex
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Canar
post Jul 4 2012, 19:32
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

Default UI answers both of your questions.

--------------------
You cannot ABX the rustling of jimmies.
No mouse? No problem.
+Quote Post
rexian
post Jul 4 2012, 23:29
Post #3

Thanks.

Maybe I shall rephrase the question...

Please help me with new foobar Column UI skins post Kameleon era that are as functional as Kameleon.

+Quote Post
db1989
post Jul 4 2012, 23:31
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

I imagine you’ll really need to provide a more specific description of your desired features/abilities than the vague adjective “functional”, which sounds nice but really says nothing.

This post has been edited by db1989: Jul 4 2012, 23:32
+Quote Post
rexian
post Jul 5 2012, 00:06
Post #5

Let me see how about I ask just this...

kameleon was pretty much the hands-down the best skin a couple years back. It probably still is. However, with new updates to foobar, which skin is quite as popular?

If you can direct me to something like a popular skin of today, I guess that will cover pretty much all the functionalities I am looking for as long as it gives me the ability to view the music library by folder/directory structure.
+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Jul 5 2012, 00:21
Post #6

Member No.: 31251

If you want to use the most popular what also comes with all features then use ColumnsUi or DefaultUI, create your layout which is easyly done if you don't have to bother about all the "skin"-related stuff, and have fun.

This post has been edited by q-stankovic: Jul 5 2012, 00:22

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
stanley.tweedle
post Jul 5 2012, 01:42
Post #7

Member No.: 95087

Please have a look here. (forgive my terse explanation: i'd authored something more, then accidentally closed the d*mn browser whilst composing this other bit for the User).

The gist of it was something to the tune of what follows:

I've used foobar2000, more than 5 years at least, certainly more i guess, but neither here nor there-- having no knowledge of this "Kameleon era"-- what I wish for the User to report is, what is it of this Kam. which he or she likes so well. Is there an example / a URL pointing to such a design, etc.

However, in lieu of such data, i present this:

Using the convenient "Live-Edit" mode (once it's enabled, then accessed via right-click in various areas of the foobar2000 ColumnsUI dependent configuration [in the case of my demonstration, upon ColumnsUI-- a veritibly universally compatible .dll, in my experience, thou should not experience any problems whatsoever should thee install it, assuming in the unlikely event it's not present, already].

You'll see in my illustration, one such slide (the 3rd, i believe) where an area has been right-clicked, and turned a blue-ish hue. I did NOT indicate that in order to access the context menu show, the User must right click in the area (in this example, the right-click is activated in a panel containing the foo_plorg, or "Playlist Organizer"), whereby further options-- dependent upon the "Live Editing" mode enabled-- afford the ability to add (or subtract, i suppose) any of the various panels he or she might wish to include-- such as Album List.

User, if you have questions per my illustration, please don't hesitate to speak up.

Have a look-see, here: http://whatsonyourbrain.com/foobar2000_lay...live_edit_demo/

Best regards; good luck!

--------------------
If 10 milligrams are Blue so should you: vote Republican.
+Quote Post
rexian
post Jul 5 2012, 03:17
Post #8

Thanks Stanley.

Here's a link to Kameleon: http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Kameleon-v...eased-112901532

Here's a link to this forum topic about Kameleon

Thanks.
+Quote Post
Ryoma
post Jul 5 2012, 08:08
Post #9

Member No.: 99417

I'd obviously recommend Br3tt's latest skins. All based on a similar code, as you can easily realize by a quick view.

Besides I think he's THE best "skinner" for fb2k. My favourite is Ibiza, but it's not updated (as you name it it's a "Kameleon era" too).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 19:20