IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Playback stops after one track, was: "Newbie needs help with a couple basics!"
RudyBagel
post Jul 1 2012, 07:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101100

Hello Foobar,
I'm an experienced audiophile, but new to laptop music and foobar. Here's my basic question. I want to add a CD to some library foobar can find and play. I've used the File -> Open Audo CD -> rip -> convert etc ... It asks me to pick a folder. I've been adding a folder with the name of the CD in my Windows 7 music library. Foobar faithfully rips the CD and puts the tracks in that folder. However, when I try to play it, it only plays one track at a time and stops. It doesn't seem to recognize the folder and tracks as an entire album to play when selected. What am I missing? It must be something basic. Can anyone advise? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
uart
post Jul 1 2012, 08:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18295

QUOTE (RudyBagel @ Jun 30 2012, 22:12) *
Hello Foobar,
I'm an experienced audiophile, but new to laptop music and foobar. Here's my basic question. I want to add a CD to some library foobar can find and play. I've used the File -> Open Audo CD -> rip -> convert etc ... It asks me to pick a folder. I've been adding a folder with the name of the CD in my Windows 7 music library. Foobar faithfully rips the CD and puts the tracks in that folder. However, when I try to play it, it only plays one track at a time and stops. It doesn't seem to recognize the folder and tracks as an entire album to play when selected. What am I missing? It must be something basic. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

When you click "file" (on the main menu) don't select "add files", instead select "add folder".

Also make sure you go into "library" -> "configure" and add the root folder for you music collection. This will help you find you music more easily using the search "filter".
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 06:36