IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
What FLAC-related files do stereo equipment with FLAC-support utilize?
yulva
post Jun 26 2012, 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100786

I wasn't sure if this should go in the hardware section of the forum, but ultimately I felt it was closer to a FLAC-subject rather than any specific stereo hardware equipment, so I post it here.
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize? Sorry for my English -- by utilize I mean, for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)? And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy. Basically I just want to know what all file extension with relation to FLAC files, that such equipment use.
If you still feel I post this in the wrong section please move my thread to the hardware section.
Many thank you in advance, Yulva
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jun 26 2012, 14:15
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (yulva @ Jun 26 2012, 11:53) *
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize?
None, as far as I know.

for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)?
I donít think so; Iíve not heard of any examples of hardware that can, anyway.

And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy.
Definitely not.
Even support for plain text files is not likely, I donít think. The ability to specifically parse a log file definitely does not exist.

Sorry! :/
+Quote Post
yulva
post Jun 27 2012, 10:12
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 100786

QUOTE (db1989 @ Jun 26 2012, 15:15) *
QUOTE (yulva @ Jun 26 2012, 11:53) *
My question is, apart from the actual *.FLAC files, what other FLAC-related files do such equipment normally utilize?
None, as far as I know.

for example does it use CUE files in order to know where each new track starts (so you can skip between tracks)?
I donít think so; Iíve not heard of any examples of hardware that can, anyway.

And can they use any other files such as log files or other logs with the purpose to display or determine accuracy.
Definitely not.
Even support for plain text files is not likely, I donít think. The ability to specifically parse a log file definitely does not exist.

Sorry! :/

Aw I see. Thanks for your help!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 08:58