IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CDi ready - drive not reading cdi cd
crodgers
post Jun 22 2012, 03:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100885

Hi! I am new here, so if I am posting in the wrong forum, I apologize, just point me in the right direction.

I have recently begun to rip all of my old CDs into mp3s (a few hundred, so it will take me a while).

I came across a cd (the cranberries - doors and windows) that is supposed to be a cd-i disc. On the front cover, they say, "RAINBOW CD-ROM product compatible with: CD AUDIO * WINDOWS * MACINTOSH * CD-i * DIGITAL VIDEO". I did a little research - Philips pushed this like others pushed ENHCD and CDExtra.

Basically, track 1 is data (yes, BIG warnings to not play the first track in your audio player). The back says "This disc is fully compatible with all CD-i players displaying this symbol". The symbol liiks like the compact disc audio words in a rectangle, but instead of "audio", it is "Interactive". This was supposed to be a future-proof type of thing - any CD-i player could play any CD-i cd.

I have a drive that EAC shows as Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-03. When I look that up, it goes to Sony Optiarc information. In the compatibility section of the tech specs, this model lists CD-i Ready. When I put in the disc, I can rip it with EAC, but I do not get a menu for the interactive part. What's more, I can not see anything on the drive through Windows Explorer. I remember opening this successfully back in the day (a few PCs ago), like back in Windows 95/98 days.

While I rip my CDs, I also copy off the movies, etc from the multimedia areas, if present. Typically they are small (by today's standards) little movies, but just the same, I paid for them, so I would like to see them.

Any ideas on how to get to the data on this one? Is CD-i Ready not going to help me with a CD-i disc?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 20:20