IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.


See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s, only happens occasionally, hard to reproduce
mjb2006
post Jun 19 2012, 01:49
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 860
Joined: 12-May 06
From: Colorado, USA
Member No.: 30694



foobar2000 version: 1.1.10
platform: Win7 Pro 64-bit, 3.1 GHz quad core Intel i5-2400, 4 GB RAM

Sometimes when I apply ReplayGain to a set of files, there seems to be a file locking issue. I get a dialog saying one of the files is in use. This happens unpredictably, only once in a while.

This most recent time it happened, I just dragged an album's worth of MP3s into the playlist, album-gain scanned them, and did an apply of album gain to the selected files. I hadn't played any of them or opened them in other apps or anything. The first file in the set was supposedly in use, so it didn't get changed...at least, the tags weren't changed. I didn't think to check to see if album gain had actually been applied. Anyway, after the initial failure on that one file, I applied RG to it separately, and it was fine, no "file in use" warnings.

To test again, I tried editing the RG data to give them all an album gain of +4. Then I tried applying RG again, but it worked, no warnings. So like I said, it's only happening occasionally.

I'd be happy to help test further, but I don't know what else I can do. I just figured I'd post and make the developers aware of the potential issue.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mjb2006
post Jun 19 2012, 03:02
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 860
Joined: 12-May 06
From: Colorado, USA
Member No.: 30694



Just had it happen again, this time with 4 files "in use" out of a set of 12. I rescanned the 4 files and found they hadn't been touched, so it's happening before they even get their global gain fields modified.

This post has been edited by mjb2006: Jun 19 2012, 03:03
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jun 19 2012, 11:40
Post #3





Group: Admin
Posts: 4693
Joined: 15-December 02
Member No.: 4082



Try logging with Process Monitor to see if anything else is accessing the files.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Caipi2
post Jun 19 2012, 23:09
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 1
Joined: 19-June 12
Member No.: 100836



I have the same problems with FLAC-files, appling ReplyGain since V1.1.12 (V1.1.13 has the same error). The scanning is much slower than in V1.1.11. Sometimes it crashes.

V1.1.11 works stable. I downgraded foobar to V1.1.11
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 16:27