IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Voice recording through little mixette [how to keep same loudness], [moved from General A/V – and you’ll get more views here :P]
hlloyge
post Jun 15 2012, 20:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27018

Can anyone show me the way on how to setup voice recording?
I am using Behringer MX602A, Realtek line in input, I have Audacity and Wavosaur installed, both support VST's, Wavosaur in real-time.
Microphone is crap cheap Panasonic, 'tis all I have for now, I will try to borrow Shure or AKG from work. For now, lot of hiss because very high gain is needed.

My question is, how to keep the almost same voice loudness throughout the recording? I know I have to try to talk almost the same volume all the time, but are there plugins which will do voice normalization? Free, preferably.

I am amateur in this, and I am trying to do fairytale reading, also will try recording guitar and vocal, so I would need reading on these subjects, too. Googling revealed nothing usable on these subjects. I was thinking first recording guitar, then voice, and mixing them in audacity. It doesn't need to sound professional, but I would like to learn about the process.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
hlloyge
post Jun 24 2012, 14:21
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 27018

Thank you both.

No, microphone is your standard "shopping-centre-made-for-karaoke" with banana plug; it really is bad. I've been speaking loud very close to the mic, and yet I had to raise gain almost 3/4 of the knob to get to -20 dB. I have some experience with mixing boards, but only as DJ - get audio in, don't overload, crossfade. I know I need microphone of higher quality, Stagg, Shure, AKG, with XLR connector - I just need to collect some money to buy it.
When I get it, I will try Levelator to see (hear!) what it does; Wavosaur has this neat thing to be able to link VSTs and to have live preview of effect(s), something I couldn't do (or know how to do it) in Audacity.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 20:56