Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Columns UI vs. Facets
emueyes
post Jun 15 2012, 03:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100657

Hi all

I have quite a difficult and unfair question. I've been having a good play with the standard controls in foobar, and now have a layout that I like for the most part. I've seen examples, and plugins, which use either Columns UI or Facets, though not as many facets based posts. They do seem to do much the same thing, allowing advanced UI presentation and extra tools/components.

Assuming that my time is best spent studying one of them, even if they aren't mutually exclusive, which should it be? Are there factors that weigh heavily toward one or the other?

The next stage of what I want to do would include lyrics, presented ad hoc, ie I don't want to pre-load them for every song; perhaps a more visual way of presenting albums in a tree browser, maybe with a thumbnail, and a pretty but not very useful 3d flip through the album art view; an addon player button control strip (play, pause etc); and a seperate list for favourites - I think that may already there in the standard ui tools.

I know it's like asking whether Perl or PHP is best for websites, but if there are any outstanding pros or cons I'd really like to find out sooner than later. If there aren't any compelling reasons for choosing then that's OK too, I'll dabble with both and see what I like.

Rob
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th December 2014 - 13:52