IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How To Convert M4a To AIFF Without Losing Metadata + Art?
Made In Machines
post Jun 12 2012, 05:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100627

I tried out converting one track as I was considering converting my mp3s and m4a's to Aiff to make them properly Ableton compatible and save disc space but noticed when I did so the embedded album art disappeared and tags. There is no way on this earth I'm every re-tagging / renaming / re-arting my collection (I just finished and it was incredibly tedious and painful). Is there any way to do this? I'm using XLD on OSX.

I would also like some software to batch normalize my lossy and lossless audio files quickly and conveniently without my mp3 files being rewritten and therefore transcoded. OSX preferred - Windows OK.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Made In Machines: Jun 12 2012, 05:12
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
db1989
post Jun 12 2012, 10:07
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

I thought Ableton Live supported M4A/AAC?

Anyway, converting lossy to lossless/uncompressed is still transcoding, which you said you want to avoid—and (as has been said) a waste of space, to boot.

Besides, do m/any applications support metadata in AIFF files? I know the format supports ID3v2 tags but not whether these are read by most programs. (Of course, I welcome any clarification.)

Since you made another thread for your questions about normalisation, please confine discussion of that process to that thread.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 14:59