Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

missing samples
dave1
post Jun 11 2012, 14:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100611

Hi,
I have a question about missing samples, or non-uniform samples. I found out that audio samples can be reconstructed if they are oversampled. My question is can a 20 second oversampled audio file be reconstructed from the first or last 10s of the same recording, or recover a missing audio from what ever that you have. I know that this has something to do with Fourier transform, so, please, can someone explain me how it`s done, or can it be done? I suspect it is possible with simple uniform frequencies, but not with real life audio recordings.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
greynol
post Jun 11 2012, 21:19
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

As was mentioned before there are other (and far better) ways to include redundancy for error correction. The point of simple oversampling is to reduce the complexity of the reconstruction filter.

My example of 44.1 to 96 is upsampling and perhaps not technically oversampling, but either way, we are dealing with adding extra bandwidth beyond what is needed to preserve the frequency content of the original signal. This will not necessarily be (and won't be except for the most trivial signals) helpful in restoring information lost in the time domain.

This post has been edited by greynol: Jun 11 2012, 21:22

--------------------
Your eyes cannot hear.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd December 2014 - 06:18