IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is FLAC right for me?, Debating if I need to use FLAC instead...
Guitaroooman
post Jun 8 2012, 07:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54902

So long story short, I'm re-doing my entire music collection because the hard drive I used to have all of my music on ended up pretty much dying.

So my set up right now is that I'm using EAC to rip the CD's and then I'm using LAME to encode straight to mp3's (-V2). Which is fine and dandy, but this time I decided I should save the WAV's instead of deleting them just in case something like that happens again so that I don't have to rip the CD's all over again or worry about losing any CD's.

However, the WAV. files obviously can't have tags on them, so I'm debating if I should just do CD-> WAV -> FLAC -> mp3. Cause if for some reason I do end up losing everything again I figure doing it from FLAC would be a ton easier since I wouldn't have to go through and tag everything all over again by hand, or find another program to do it. And I figure if I ever end up getting a better portable audio device with more space, it would always make the switch over to FLAC a lot easier if I already have the files on hand.

I mostly listen to my music on my android phone, or on my laptop, so mp3's just seemed to make sense to me for space and battery life.

Is putting the extra step of FLAC really worth the hassle for me? Or should I just stick to archiving my CD's with WAV's?

Sorry if any of this sounds noobish, I honestly barely know what I'm doing lol. Thanks for all the help anyways.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 03:04