IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar2000 v1.1.13 final, 2012-06-07
db1989
post Jun 8 2012, 06:51
Post #1

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

foobar2000 version 1.1.13 final has just been released.

Change log:
  • Fixed ID3v2 regressions from version 1.1.12
  • Fixed playback-getting-stuck bugs with fade-on-track-advance enabled.
  • ID3v2 compliance changes: multiple TXXX allowed again, semicolon used for multiple genre separator.
  • Changed ID3v2.3 TYER/TDAT handling, now merged into one DATE field formatted as YYYY-MM-DD.
  • Fixed incorrect volume control behavior when cycling output methods.

Please feel free to use this thread for general feedback and discussion of v1.1.13, its changes, etc. Problems/bugs should be reported to Support.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RJVB
post Jun 8 2012, 16:22
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 100525

Is it possible that FB no longer recognises .m4v and m4p files in this release ... while they still work perfectly after renaming to m4a or mp4?! I've never noticed this before, so I think it's something that was introduced in either this or the previous release.
+Quote Post
MordredKLB
post Jun 8 2012, 17:23
Post #3

Member No.: 69413

So other than the TYER/TDAT change, all ID3v2 tag behavior is the same as it was before 1.1.12, right?
+Quote Post
RJVB
post Jun 8 2012, 17:32
Post #4

QUOTE (MordredKLB @ Jun 8 2012, 17:23) *
So other than the TYER/TDAT change, all ID3v2 tag behavior is the same as it was before 1.1.12, right?

I'm not sure I get the question? Yes, if I change .m4v into .m4a or .mp4, behaviour seems perfectly as expected: tags and playback.

I did notice an issue with album art: some files that show it OK in iTunes will show the wrong picture (and always the same). After refreshing the art in iTunes (as simple as a copy/paste in the lower-left art display panel) the image shows up fine in FB too.

However, I think I was wrong stating that .m4p works after renaming - but I do seem to recall that I could play them in an earlier version (iTunes and QuickTime are installed so decoding ought to work through either of them).
+Quote Post
fuflo
post Jun 8 2012, 18:41
Post #5

Member No.: 30902

QUOTE (RJVB @ Jun 8 2012, 19:32) *
I'm not sure I get the question?

cause it wasn't meant for you smile.gif it was in reference to the changelog

This post has been edited by fuflo: Jun 8 2012, 18:41
+Quote Post
lvqcl
post Jun 8 2012, 19:38
Post #6

Group: Developer
Member No.: 49183

QUOTE (RJVB @ Jun 8 2012, 20:32) *
However, I think I was wrong stating that .m4p works after renaming - but I do seem to recall that I could play them in an earlier version (iTunes and QuickTime are installed so decoding ought to work through either of them).

Unlikely because foobar2000 have its own decoder and don't use decoders in iTunes or QuickTime.
+Quote Post
MordredKLB
post Jun 9 2012, 06:23
Post #7

Member No.: 69413

QUOTE (fuflo @ Jun 8 2012, 12:41) *
cause it wasn't meant for you smile.gif it was in reference to the changelog

You are correct. Sadly no one has answered my question. smile.gif
+Quote Post
SoNic67
post Jun 10 2012, 14:16
Post #8

Member No.: 87877

Since version 1.1.12, the Title Formating Settings are "Legacy, deprecated". I used to have a modified status bar to allow HDCD information to be shown, something like this:
CODE
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Now that doesn't do anything and I cannot even tell if the HDCD decoder works...
I would really like that feature back... or something similar.
+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Jun 10 2012, 17:31
Post #9

Member No.: 31251

Not sure if it has to do with the new changes in regard to date handling but i just noticed it recently:

$year(%date%) gives back "0000" if day or month is written as "00" because they're unknown. Example: 1996-06-00

Edit:
Tags are written in id3v2.4!

This post has been edited by q-stankovic: Jun 10 2012, 17:38

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
mbartelt
post Jun 10 2012, 20:38
Post #10

Member No.: 99066

Hi,
QUOTE (SoNic67 @ Jun 10 2012, 15:16) *
I used to have a modified status bar to allow HDCD information to be shown, something like this:
CODE
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Now that doesn't do anything and I cannot even tell if the HDCD decoder works...

I've just looked at my settings for the status bar and also played a FLAC and ALAC file from HDD that is HDCD. For me it works. Looks almost the same, only a "|" is not there in your config before the HDCD test. And this is only cosmetic.
CODE
%codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] | $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:',) $if($info(hdcd_gain),Gain= $info(hdcd_gain) Peak extend=$info(hdcd_peak_extend) Transient Filter=$info(hdcd_transient_filter)')',)

Greetings

Manfred

This post has been edited by mbartelt: Jun 10 2012, 20:41
+Quote Post
BenB
post Jun 11 2012, 03:45
Post #11

Member No.: 98921

Yay! Multiple TXXX frames are back smile.gif .

Two things, however:

It would be better (not to mention grammatically correct, in English anyway) if TCON frames were joined using "; " instead of just ";".

"abcdefghi; jklmnopqr; stuvwxyz" is easier to read than "abcdefghi;jklmnopqr;tuvwxyz".

Having two different ways to separate multi-values in tags will likely cause confusion, so for the sake of user sanity and uniformity, I think it would be better if as far as inputting multiple values goes, a single method were used. I think a semicolon would be the best choice.

So Instead of typing " / " for separating multiple artists, one could input with either ";" or "; ", but of course " / " would actually be written to the tag. And in the genre tag, would could input either ";" or "; ", but "; " would actually be written in the tag.

I know this will cause some confusion in being able to discern between which tags come from single frames (with multiple values) and which come from multiple frames (with single values), but a possible remedy for this would be to add a frame count for each tag in the Properties dialog.

The easiest solution for the long term would be to add the ability for foobar to detect multiple values in other single frames (hint TXXX frames hint wink.gif) like we now have for the TCON frame. Technically that would be more within specs than having multiple frames with the same description, and it has increasingly become a "standard deviation". A frame with a semicolon-delimited list only has multiple values if the software one uses has the ability to detect it as such. Only foobar forces me to use multiple frames, but then again, foobar is one of only a handful that allow use of TXXX frames. Most use comment frames for custom tags blink.gif , which sucks.

This post has been edited by BenB: Jun 11 2012, 04:14
+Quote Post
RJVB
post Jun 11 2012, 15:23
Post #12

QUOTE (lvqcl @ Jun 8 2012, 19:38) *
QUOTE (RJVB @ Jun 8 2012, 20:32) *

Unlikely because foobar2000 have its own decoder and don't use decoders in iTunes or QuickTime.

Pity but so be it. What about the .m4v extension ... and the in-file album art thing?
+Quote Post
BenB
post Jun 22 2012, 04:35
Post #13

Member No.: 98921

QUOTE (BenB @ Jun 10 2012, 21:45) *

Having two different ways to separate multi-values in tags will likely cause confusion, so for the sake of user sanity and uniformity, I think it would be better if as far as inputting multiple values goes, a single method were used. I think a semicolon would be the best choice.

So Instead of typing " / " for separating multiple artists, one could input with either ";" or "; ", but of course " / " would actually be written to the tag. And in the genre tag, would could input either ";" or "; ", but "; " would actually be written in the tag.

Wow, I really put my foot in my mouth with this. I popped off while apparently not knowing my a-s from my elbow. My apologies.
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Jun 23 2012, 21:00
Post #14

Member No.: 93712

I miss something in "Advanced/Tagging" options - "force preferred tagging scheme on all existing files" checkbox. I upgraded from 1.1.10 so I'm not sure when it was left out, but definitely I liked that option. Is it possible that one day it will get back?
Other thing is tagging of AIFF files - when it will be supported? It's not a silly question as Beatport sells optionally AIFF files that have one strong advantage over WAVE files - have all metadata and artwork embedded, but this functionality is still missing in foobar.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jun 23 2012, 21:31
Post #15

It was intentionally removed, and presumably for good reason, so I doubt it’ll be reinstated.
“Force preferred tagging scheme” option gone - use the “MP3 tag types” dialog to convert between different tag types.
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Jun 23 2012, 21:48
Post #16

Member No.: 93712

OK - and how about AIFF tagging - reading and writing ? smile.gif
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jun 23 2012, 22:30
Post #17

Sorry: I don’t know. It has been requested already, but I don’t recall there having been any official comment. As the format does allow for tags (ID3) in an IFF chunk, it seems like a sensible feature.
+Quote Post
thierryj
post Jun 29 2012, 21:24
Post #18

Member No.: 86223

QUOTE (SoNic67 @ Jun 10 2012, 14:16) *
Since version 1.1.12, the Title Formating Settings are "Legacy, deprecated".

+1
I also need to modify the status bar.
Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
Andreasvb
post Jun 29 2012, 22:14
Post #19

Member No.: 12509

QUOTE (thierryj @ Jun 29 2012, 22:24) *
QUOTE (SoNic67 @ Jun 10 2012, 14:16) *
Since version 1.1.12, the Title Formating Settings are "Legacy, deprecated".

+1
I also need to modify the status bar.
Thanks in advance.

Preferences > Display > Default User Interface.

--------------------
Windows 8.1u3 Pro x64 Media Center // foobar2000 1.3.6
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 07:29