IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saracon DSD to PCM converter: to which sampling rate should I convert?, [TOS #6: was “Saracon DSD to PCM convesion.”]
amiti
post Jun 2 2012, 17:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18746

Hello ,

I am using Saracon DSD to PCM converter.

I read in here that with saracon , converting DSDs to higher sample rates than 96khz is pointless. In other places I read that converting DSD data to sample rates of 176.4khz and 88.2khz is mathematically simpler and thus preferable .

I tried both sample rates but am not sure which is better. 96khz sounds more detailed with better imaging while 88.2khz sound more clean or precise. I know these descriptions are vague but I was wondering if anyone with deeper understanding of the mathematical processes used by Saracon can give a definitive answer to which sample rate is preferable.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
amiti
post Jun 3 2012, 20:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18746

Bruce B , from my understanding , is a part of the pyramix studio development team which serves as a competition to Saracon converter. In that forum thread he says:

Yes, I feel if a company that is using Saracon to convert DSD->PCM, then anything over 24/88.2 is a waste of money, even if it IS just noise.

What I fear is that the difference I heard (if not completely resulted from bias) is just extra noise.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 22:43