IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saracon DSD to PCM converter: to which sampling rate should I convert?, [TOS #6: was “Saracon DSD to PCM convesion.”]
amiti
post Jun 2 2012, 17:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18746

Hello ,

I am using Saracon DSD to PCM converter.

I read in here that with saracon , converting DSDs to higher sample rates than 96khz is pointless. In other places I read that converting DSD data to sample rates of 176.4khz and 88.2khz is mathematically simpler and thus preferable .

I tried both sample rates but am not sure which is better. 96khz sounds more detailed with better imaging while 88.2khz sound more clean or precise. I know these descriptions are vague but I was wondering if anyone with deeper understanding of the mathematical processes used by Saracon can give a definitive answer to which sample rate is preferable.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wombat
post Jun 3 2012, 19:06
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 235

My "educated choice" would be to use 88.2kHz and lower for the fact alone to not waste space with useless content. I strongly believe Weiss Engineering uses the correct math that makes audible differences between 88.2kHz or 96kHz impossible to spot until some gear may do something wrong.
It is interesting to read at the link you gave that even Daniel Weiss himself joined this forum and is "Junior Memeber"
He tries to argue with the "Technical Experts" members about his product but i have the feeling he had to realize after 4 whopping posts already he better shouldn´t smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd December 2014 - 02:14