IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar2000’s ASIO output seems not to work w/ JACK’s dummy ASIO driver, [TOS #6: was “foobar2000 and JACK Audio Connection Kit”]
Cutter
post May 31 2012, 19:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10152

Hello,

I'm trying to use foobar2000 with JACK. It works by installing a dummy ASIO driver that redirects the audio output of an application to the JACK server. Then you can either redirect that audio to another application, to another JACK server on the network, or to a (real) ASIO driver. My problem is that foobar's ASIO output component doesn't seem to work with JACK server's dummy ASIO driver (although it works with a real ASIO driver). When I select "ASIO: JackRouter" as the output device in foobar's options and click Play, the status bar says "Starting playback..." for 10 seconds, then I get a console "Timeout" message. It doesn't seem to be JACK's fault since this configuration works with Winamp + ASIO output. I've tried to make it work on two different computers (with different soundcards), so this doesn't seem to be the problem either. I wonder if someone has had more success at this, or if something can be done to make foo_out_asio compatible with JACK.

I'm using Jack v1.9.9 on Windows 7 64-bit with the latest versions of foobar2000 and foo_out_asio.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Cutter: May 31 2012, 20:04
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:37