IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

AudioTester v1.6, false positive for virus?
kidnukey
post May 31 2012, 00:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100297

I registered just to ask about this program since there doesn't seem to be any mention of it pre-2010.

FLAC Tester reports errors when testing 24-bit files, even though flac.exe itself tests them without issue. This is probably old news. However, I really prefer the FLAC Tester program and would prefer to continue using that, without having to test 24-bit files separately.

I read that AudioTester (from vuplayer.com) is the updated version of FLAC Tester, and it reads 24-bit files without issue, and it also tests the MP3 format which is a huge plus. I downloaded the program's zip file and tested it using a couple of online virus scanners. Jotti's Malware Scan and Virus Total both give one (false?) positive. I was going to risk using it anyway, but then I noticed on a separate computer that BitDefender refuses to display the website at all, and gives malware warnings. Also, the forums there were apparently shut down due to spam bots or somesuch.

Has AudioTester and/or the website been compromised? Also, is the program still relevant at all, or has it been replaced by something better?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 02:12