IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

WASAPI—if next song has different bit-depth, fails to play (till seek), [was “Trouble With Different Bit Rates v1.1.12a”]
Fallsroad
post May 29 2012, 19:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100261

I recently updated from 1.1.10 to the current version.

I have a large folder of assorted tracks that I load into Foobar and play on shuffle. There are 16 and 24 bit tracks mixed together in the directory. They have always played flawlessly. Last night I noticed that when Foobar switches from one bit depth to the other the song fails to play. I do not get an error message, and nudging the progress bar a hair gets the track going. This happens when switching from 16 to 24 or the reverse. It only occurs when the two tracks are of different bit depths.

No changes to hardware were made recently. Any thoughts why this might be happening? This was not happening prior to the update.

I switched to v1.1.11 and the same thing occurs. Going back one more version to 1.1.10 solves the problem.

Win 7 64
Foobar 1.1.12a / foo_out_wasapi v2.1
Realtek HD Audio Optical out
Benchmark DAC-1HDR

ETA: WASAPI plug in version.

This post has been edited by Fallsroad: May 29 2012, 19:26
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 11:58