IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Recommended “audiophile” soundcard for Linux/Fedora 16 up to $260, [TOS #5—split from “Best mid range audiophile sound card”/topic 73375]
spinifex
post May 26 2012, 07:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75862

QUOTE (cpchan @ Jul 15 2009, 12:30) *
QUOTE (/mnt @ Jul 14 2009, 21:47) *
I tried that with Fedora 11, but Pulse Audio seems to be built deep down onto the whole distro unlike Ubuntu (well atm). Even when i managed to remove it, I did get sound but the GNOME volume control panel won't work and the whole system unstable.

You will need to recompile the whole GNOME multimedia subsystem, including Gstreamer, and most likely every single multimedia program that you have.

IMO Fedora 11 has to be one of the worst Linux distros i've ever used because of Pulse Audio and it's god awful partion manager on Anaconda; it just felt like a beta build.

I can't comment on this, since I haven't used a Redhat distro since the Bob Young days.

Hi. I just wondering what Audiophile Sound Card you are using?

I'm using Fedora 16, a Xonar DX and Sennheiser 555 headphones modded to 595's.

I recently got to try an M-Audio 192 (Soundwave / Sound Terminal? 192L) and was impressed by the soundstage (??) of the card, but there were no drivers for Linux so, alas, I never got to hear it's sound quality in Fedora 16, or Ubuntu, only in WinDowzz (which I actually don't use).

I'm also looking for a 'well supported' Linux compatible audiophile sound card. I'm wanting to spend up to $250 (Oz) dollars so that equates to approximately $190 pounds, or $260us.

Does anyone have any recommendations or at least point me in a particular direction compatibles with my Linux distro. Recommendations and constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 19:12