IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Physical health of speakers/headphones and sound quality, [TOS #6: moved from General Audio]
HTS
post May 26 2012, 04:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47799

If they are dropped, is there such a thing as subtle damage?

If they work then they should be fine right?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mzil
post May 26 2012, 04:34
Post #2

Member No.: 45913

If you can examine the drivers and they seem intact and nothing has pierced them or poked them, and the speakers sound OK, then you are probably good to go. Idealy you would want to run a slow frequency sweep to put the speaker through its complete range and listen for any distortions that may be caused by internal voicecoil scrapping that wouldn't show up from just your visual examination or your selection of music which didn't happen to show the problem from a casual listening.
+Quote Post
HTS
post May 26 2012, 08:45
Post #3

Member No.: 47799

QUOTE (mzil @ May 25 2012, 23:34) *
Idealy you would want to run a slow frequency sweep to put the speaker through its complete range and listen for any distortions that may be caused by internal voicecoil scrapping that wouldn't show up from just your visual examination or your selection of music which didn't happen to show the problem from a casual listening.

What does that look like? I saw a tiny thread of copper wire falling out when I disassembled it, it was not really "attached" to anything. But I think that was just a piece of debris from manufacturing.

Also, the speaker filter on the left has a grain sized dent on it, but that was there when I got the headphone.

By the way, it is the Sennheiser 600, It's designed to be opened up easily so I think I have seen everything that I needed?
+Quote Post
extrabigmehdi
post May 26 2012, 11:52
Post #4

Member No.: 72330

I do not count the number of time my hd595 fell in the floor, from my desktop , this didn't affect the driver at all.
However some cracks appeared on both side of headphone, but this is a well known issue, and doesn't affect sound.

You could listen to some mono recording, and compare left & right, and see if there's a big difference; this could help to see if a driver was damaged.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 18:43