IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which burners can write CD-text and overburn 90min. media?
chrisz78
post May 23 2012, 22:59
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 100095

I'm trying to find a burner that supports WRITING CD-Text data (and ISRC codes of course), and is able to handle 800 MB (90-minute) blanks. I'm working as a mastering engineer and regularly have requests for "extra-long" masters, and now they want CD-Text added as well. My current setup does not handle that option, and two hours of googling and reading haven't brought up a list of currently available burners that do, apart from Sony-Optiarc AD models, but these (according to company specifications) expressly do NOT handle more than 80-minute blanks. OTOH, those that are confirmed to burn 90-minute discs reliably don't give unambiguous information whether they can write CD-Text and ISRC codes! Maybe someone here has recent experience with a drive still available in the shops that can reliably write 90-minute discs with text and ISRC, with good quality? I read that the current Pioneer burners are recommendable quality-wise, but cannot find detailed info on the rather special features I need (on the contrary, lots of reports from folks who don't manage to write CD-Text on Pioneer machines....)
BTW I am located in Europe (Germany), so models that are easily available over here would be much preferred, though I'm prepared to import a Japanese or US drive if there is no other way. Thank you!

Chris
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 17:56