IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nullsoft WaveOut (or something similar) with foobar2000?, [TOS #6: moved from Support, which is not for how-to questions]
shifuimam
post May 21 2012, 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36589

I know that WaveOut was discontinued after 0.9 was released. However, after playing around a bit, it seems like WaveOut is the only output format that works for my setup at work.

I'm using bluetooth headphones, which has sort of thrown a wrench into things. DirectSound in Winamp and foobar causes nonstop hiccups in the music. Playing in WMP 12 (I'm on win7 Enterprise) works, but WMP is very resource-intensive, and as such the audio skips fairly frequently (e.g. any time I do anything else that uses more than mimial system resources).

foobar with the WASAPI plugin works well - it only skips when the CPU spikes or the stupid UAC secure desktop shows. However, only exclusive mode works, which is a problem since I still need to hear other audio alerts in Windows.

The WaveOut plugin that's packaged with Winamp works as well as WASAPI, except with the added bonus of shared audio. Is there any way to use Nullsoft's plugin with foobar, or is there an alternative plugin I can try? I really prefer foobar's interface over Winamp's...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 19:35