IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

FLAC: cannot start the encoder, fb2k says it needs elevated privileges, [moved from FLAC, was "problem encoding in foobar"]
vader
post May 21 2012, 14:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100042

Hi this is my first post, so try to be gentle. For starters, I have been using foobar for quite a long time and never have this problem. I searched for some related problem in google and in the hydrogenaudio forum with no luck so here I go

a) I have been trying to convert a Wav file to flac. My system is win 7 pro sp1 64 bits. 8 gb of RAM, Foobar 1.1.11. Almost all my music library is on flac and I can listen to them in foobar. Problem is encding from wav to flac specifically.

b) I installed Flac via flac installer at c:\program files (x86)\flac\flac.exe
c)I also get a 64bit version of flac and I put it on c:\program files\flac\flac.exe

Whenever I try to make the conversion, with the 64 bit or 32 bit version I get the following error

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Users\IIAMaps\Desktop\MARTIUS- A. Quant froidure trait a fin - Domino Quoniam (Montepellier Codex, H196) - B. R.wav"
An error occurred while writing to file (Could not start commandline encoder: La operación solicitada requiere elevación. ) : "C:\Users\IIAMaps\Downloads\MARTIUS- A. Quant froidure trait a fin - Domino Quoniam (Montepellier Codex, H196) - B. R.flac"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\flac\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -5 - -o "MARTIUS- A. Quant froidure trait a fin - Domino Quoniam (Montepellier Codex, H196) - B. R.flac"
Working folder: C:\Users\IIAMaps\Downloads\

Conversion failed: Could not start commandline encoder: La operación solicitada requiere elevación.

translation of " La operación solicitada requiere elevación= operation requested requires elevation"

I never had this problem, I have been usin flac with foobar and EAC with xp vista and win7 all of them 32 bits.

Any ideas ?

Thanks before hand

This post has been edited by vader: May 21 2012, 14:42
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
vader
post May 21 2012, 19:49
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 100042

Solved

I followed EagleScout advise and now its working. I created a folder called flac and I copied flac.exe there.

Thanks Everyone!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:38