IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to set missing album artist field to "various artists"?, was: "Album grouping"
schmoogrz
post May 14 2012, 02:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99808

Got a slight issue with my music library in that the album artist tags are all over the place... as a result grouping in certain Foobar configs goes a bit mental, mainly on compilation albums. I was wondering if anyone knows a quick and easy way of sweeping my library to set the album artist field to "various artists" should the artist fields consist of multiple artists, for example. Not too concerned about tag accuracy at the end of the day, just that the albums are grouped...

Had a look at the right click context menus and found that under properties > tools is "automatically fill values". Wondering what string I'd need to do this? %album artist% highlights the field... then I'd need to do something like;

If artist field of track 1, 2 and 3 match then album artist equals artist. If not, set album artists to "various artists". Is this possible within a string?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Daeron
post May 14 2012, 03:39
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 59818

As far as I know foobar2000 normally handles files on per track basis so I doubt it's possible.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 20:47