IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

AIFF tagging not supported - alternatives?, was: "Updating Tag Info in Foobar2000" (what about it?)
Jaxon's Dad '02
post May 9 2012, 12:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99651

Greetings. This is my first time posting here. I've recently installed Foobar2000 for its .aiff ripping capabilities. Following my first rip, I attempted to update missing information in each track's properties, but got the following message:

Could not update tags (Tagging of this file format is not supported)

My question - Is there a way to update tag info for .aiff files in Foobar2000? If not, is there another lossless format that foobar rips to that will allow tags to be updated? Is there another program that will rip to .aiff that will do this?

Thanx in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EpicForever
post Feb 1 2013, 22:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 93712

QUOTE (Porcus @ May 9 2012, 14:33) *
FLAC, ALAC, WavPack and Monkey's with plugins, ...

It is hard to imagine good reasons for using AIFF or WAV.

It sounds bit like there was no reason to implement better AIFF support in foobar because it is worse alternative in comparison with FLAC, WV etc. There's another strong reason for implementing AIFF metadata support. And the fact that AIFF isn't the best format to store music on PC (as file size matters) supports this reason. When I buy music on Beatport I choose AIFF - because it's lossless PCM and it (potentially) contains metadata. But my goal is always to convert it to FLAC (using foobar). When I buy WAV then after conversion I always have to manually tag FLACs using external sources like Discogs or webshop. Currently the same happens when I convert to FLAC from AIFF. But if at least reading of AIFF tags would be supported, then converting to FLAC with foobar will be just perfect - the only thing that will be missing in resulting FLACs will be album art. All other things - artists, albums, labels, dates, genres, urls - all will be preserved. And that's strong convenience. That's the only functionality that I really miss in my long time favourite music player.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 23:44