IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[TOS #9] How to Display albums downloaded with uTorrent in AlbumList p, or add them to your library, without stop seeding and moving the folde
budRich
post May 8 2012, 21:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99626

It's annoying to move downloaded albums from the Torrent downloads folder to my music folder.
It takes time and i have to stop seeding. But i just came up with a solution, check out this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/5UKGo.jpg
(my foobar setup is to the right, Torrent is maximized, Torrents options is the left small window and foobars pref. window is the right one).

Step1: Open Torrents options, goto the directories tab, and check "Append the torrent's label" checkbox.
Step2: Download an album from the internets, (BE SURE NOT TO BREAK ANY LAWS).
Step3: Goto the downloads tab in Torrent, your album shoulld be the latest addad torrent. If not visible create, (right click on the columns bar), the label column.
Then, create a new label, (rightclick on the empty space in the label column on the torrent's row) for the album. And name it "Musik\Torrent"
Step4: Wait for the download to finish.
Step5: Open up Foobar2000's preferences window, and goto Media Library and click on the Add button.
Step6: Browse to your Torrent downloads folder and select the folder called Musik.
Step7: Click apply, and voilį, all music downloaded with Torrent and labeled (if the label was applied before the album finnished downloading) Musik\Torrent
Will show up in your Albumlist in a folder called Torrent and in your media library

No more moving folders.
I hope someone will find this useful.

This post has been edited by budRich: May 8 2012, 22:06
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kohlrabi
post May 8 2012, 21:12
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

While you're dancing on the edge regarding a ToS#9 warning, since this is more or less an obvious piracy guide, it's essentially one step:

Step1: Add Download folder to monitored folders of Media Library.

It is in fact probably useful to use the label feature of µTorrent for organizing, but I fail to see how this is foobar2000 related. And it doesn't help if you need to re-tag the files to fit in your tagging scheme. Since to me this is a piracy guide, I think this post is probably better suited for the community where you "trade" your files than the official foobar2000 board.

This post has been edited by Kohlrabi: May 8 2012, 22:00

--------------------
Ceterum censeo Masterdiskem esse delendam.
+Quote Post
budRich
post May 8 2012, 21:18
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 99626

No if you just add your torrent-download folder, all folders and media files within it will be added to your albumlist/library. Also if you like me have a directory based music library the albums in your folders from your download folder will be mixed up in your library root folder, where i have my albums sorted by gengre.

If any admins think i break any rules, contact me and maybe i can rewrite the post and change the picture. But i clearly states that you should not break any laws while downloading music.
+Quote Post
Kohlrabi
post May 8 2012, 21:26
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

OK, I see your point regarding the labels. And I don't think a rewrite is necessary, but I really expect this to be moved or binned, soon. I wouldn't want to see these kind of guides on my official board, to be honest.

This post has been edited by Kohlrabi: May 8 2012, 22:19

--------------------
Ceterum censeo Masterdiskem esse delendam.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2014 - 01:25