IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What is CELT? What is a .CELT file? How to convert it!
EarBender
post May 8 2012, 07:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99602

I've read around on the internet in so many different places about CELT being a very quick and efficient audio format ( 1.3 ms to 24 ms anywhere from 32-96 kHz) and I have recently run into some .CELT files that I need to somehow convert into regular .wav files ( and vice versa ).

I've already attempted multiple ways of doing this - with most ending in failure. I managed to obtain about 5 different WIN32 versions of CELT and none of them are able to convert my .celt file into a .wav file.

I tried the decoder function (while in the command prompt, of course): celtdec input_file.celt output_file.wav

but it never seems to work. I even tried making the input file a .oga file ( I read somewhere this would work) yet still the same old error message: "This doesn't look like a CELT file." appears every time I try this in any of the versions.

I know I look like an idiot new-comer to the forums, but I really need some serious help! ohmy.gif
If anyone has experience with CELT/ the CELT decoder/encoder your help would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by EarBender: May 8 2012, 07:27
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EarBender
post May 8 2012, 21:30
Post #2

Member No.: 99602

Thank you for all the information you provided. I was completely unaware that celt was called opus now.

I obtained the other tools you provided in the previous link, but I was wondering how to compile them properly.

I know the language is C and I already have several compilers, such as MSVC.

Also, I should have made this link available in my previous post. It is the link to some of the .celt files I mentioned from before. You could download and take a look at them if you want. Maybe even be able to get them into a .wav file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l4joqrbx4jw3c0a

Thanks again,

EB
+Quote Post
saratoga
post May 9 2012, 00:07
Post #3

Member No.: 3264

Like 2012 said, you should probably go back to the source of the files and investigate how they were encoded.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:20