Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
f2k encoded Ogg files don't playing on Android
samurai1993
post Apr 27 2012, 07:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99247

I was downloading my music library to my phone, converted all my FLACs to Ogg, but the files just won't play. With an exception: Poweramp plays them, but every other player won't. Has anyone got this issue before? It isn't a problem with Ogg in general, cause' some files that I converted in the past using MusicBee play fine.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BenB
post Apr 28 2012, 06:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 98921

Not surprisingly, this page doesn't offer much.

The converter interface for encoding OGG in Foobar encodes to VBR. Have variable bit rate OGGs worked before? Unfortunately, you didn't state whether you used it or used a custom command-line (if so, what was it?). Without that info and stating the version of Android you have, how did you expect anyone to help you?

This post has been edited by BenB: Apr 28 2012, 06:01
+Quote Post
Kohlrabi
post Apr 28 2012, 09:41
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

I had the same experience with the default player on my Samsung Galaxy Android. I cannot say which side is to blame, I strongly suspect the player though, since both rockbox for Android and Poweramp play the files fine. Actually, Poweramp was so genuinely better than any other Android solution that I just bought a license for it, and didn't have any more audio problems on my phone ever since.

This post has been edited by Kohlrabi: Apr 28 2012, 09:42

--------------------
Audiophiles live in constant fear of jitter.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 14:42